Children with autism often have trouble developing foundational skills. In our autism skills training section, we teach you what you need to know concerning foundational skills and language development.
Autism Skills Training
What are foundational skills?
The effects of SH therapy assists with building your child's foundational skills and helps them develop skills for success. Here are a few examples of foundational skills:
- Listening skills
- Attention to the task at hand
- Communication skills, including non-verbal gestures
- Important social skills such as imitation which leads to language acquisition
- Self- care such as toileting or feeding one-self
Foundational skills pave the way to:
- Increased receptivity to SH therapy
- Language development
- Interest in social learning
- Higher quality of life
- "I" autonomy and self-awareness
Read more about foundational skills and the methods we use to naturally develop them in chapter 8 of our book entitled, "Sensory Harmonization: A New Hope for Holistically Treating the Symptoms of Autism".